As Christians, God calls us to:
- Love one another (1 John 4:11).
- Bear one another's burdens (Galatians 6:2).
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, and to mourn with those who mourn (Romans 12:15).
- Encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- Teach and counsel one another (Colossians 3:16).
And these commands are not given exclusively to pastors. Or to counselors, or other professionals. These are commands that are given to all Christians.
With that in view, at James River Community Church, we have a Stephen Ministry.
We have a number of Stephen Ministers - Christians who make themselves available to come alongside people who are hurting or suffering. Stephen Ministers typically meet regularly with care-receivers for a set amount of time, in order to listen, pray, encourage, and to offer instruction and counsel.
If you are interested in serving as a Stephen Minister, contact our office. We would love to help equip you to serve in that capacity.
If you are in need of care, and are interested in meeting with a Stephen Minister, contact our office. We will talk with you, and find out how we can best serve you.